Sunday, April 6, 2014

A very sad farewell

I should have made this post last June, but every time I thought of doing it I was overcome with emotion.  On June 13th of last year, four days after his 16th birthday, my best friend Chili passed away.  It all happened very suddenly, which I guess I should be thankful for.  He did not linger and suffer.  His little body was just worn out, and he couldn't stay any longer.  It was (and still is) very sad for me.  He was the truest friend I have ever had, and I miss him every day.  As a sailing dog, his experience was extensive.  He sailed with me from the northern Chesapeake to the lower Exumas and all places in between, covering most places more than once.  He had thousands and thousands of miles under his keel, and was always happy to be on the boat with me.  Cruising will not be the same without him.  Thank you and God bless you, Chili.  I look forward to being reunited with you on the other side.

 
 


 
 

 
 

No comments: